John D. Hubbard photograph prints; faculty, staff, and student portraits; also includes sports, graduation, reunion, campus speakers, theater, music and dance performances, other subjects, 1973 - 2005
Scope and Contents
The Colgate University Office of Communications records contain photographs, negatives, slides, contact sheets, proof books, press releases, subject files, and a small amount of audiovisual material, mostly from the second half of the twentieth century. They document student life on campus, faculty and teaching, student activities, the arts, athletics, special events and campus speakers, Colgate's campus, graduation, reunion, and other alumni events. Most of the images were taken on campus, but some are from other locations, such as receptions, off-campus study groups, and alumni places of business. A small portion of the photographs appear to have been taken by alumni and mailed to the Office of Communications for use in publications such as the Scene.
A significant portion of the photographs and negatives are the work of campus photographers Dick Broussard and John Hubbard.
- 1973 - 2005
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Biographical / Historical
includes photograph of Peter Balakian smoking a cigar
From the Sub-Series: 3 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
From the Series: English
- Aerial photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- African American college students. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colgate University -- Alumni & Alumnae Subject Source: Local sources
- College sports. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women college students Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the Special Collections and University Archives, Colgate University Libraries Repository
13 Oak Drive
Case Library and Geyer Center for Information Technology
Hamilton New York 13346 United States US