Colgate University Civic Awards Committee records, A1163
Scope and Contents
The Colgate University Civic Awards Committee records contain committee minutes and correspondence, photographs, information on award winners, clippings, and programs for Colgate's Civic Awards Ceremony and Founders Day.
- 1953 - 1980
- Colgate University. Civic Awards Committee (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Colgate University's Civic Awards were established "to pay public tribute to those men and women in our area who have exemplified, by their own generous service, the principle of democracy in action." They were first presented in 1954.
Civic Awards program, 1980, A1163, Colgate University Civic Awards Committee records, Special Collections and University Archives, Colgate University Libraries.
0.3 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
- Colgate University. Civic Awards Committee
- Hamilton (N.Y.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Programs (documents). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Colgate University Civic Awards Committee records
- Lisa King and Allyson Smally
- July 12, 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections and University Archives, Colgate University Libraries Repository
13 Oak Drive
Case Library and Geyer Center for Information Technology
Hamilton New York 13346 United States US