Adelphian Society records, A1022
Scope and Contents
This is a collection of records from Colgate's Adelphian Society dating back to 1840. It contains meeting minutes and schedules, financial records including donations and purchases for the society Library, as well as the society's Constitution and correspondence.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
The Adelphian Society was a literary society that formed in 1840 at Hamilton Literary and Theological Institution, which later becaume Colgate University. In 1880, The Adelphian Society became the Greek Letter society Beta Theta Pi. Beta Theta Pi currently has a Chapter house on Broad Street in Hamilton, New York.
0.72 Cubic Feet
- Guide to the Adelphian Society records
- Sharlene Disla, Lisa King, and Allyson Smally
- July 27, 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description