Hamilton history collection, M2046
Scope and Contents
Includes photographs, printed ephemera, correspondence, manuscripts, and legal documents, related to the history of Hamilton, New York, collected and compiled by the Colgate University Libraries.
Original folder numbering has been retained throughout the collection even in cases where misnumbering occurred at the time of original processing or materials were discovered to be missing during later inventories. As a result, missing folder numbers may be encountered.
- Creation: 1800-1990
The Village of Hamilton, New York, is located in the Chenango Valley of Central New York. It was initially inhabited by members of the Iroquois League, and later settled by Samuel Payne in 1794. It has been the home of Colgate University and its predecessor institutions since 1819.
3.6 Cubic Feet (11 upright document boxes)
Language of Materials
- Guide to the Hamilton history collection
- Lora J. Davis, Adrielle Jefferson, and Melissa Hubbard
- September 9, 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections and University Archives, Colgate University Libraries Repository
13 Oak Drive
Case Library and Geyer Center for Information Technology
Hamilton New York 13346 United States US