Edward Scott-Snell papers, M3007
- Creation: 1885-1988
Access to Collection
Collection is open for research.
After emigrating to the USA in 1948, Edward and Stephani Godwin lived in Woodstock, New York, and worked as authors and illustrators until their separation and divorce in 1955.
3.6 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Books by other authors, illustrated by Edward and Stephani Godwin:
- Bowie, W.R. The Bible Story for Boys and Girls: New Testament. New York: Abingdon-Cokesbury, 1951.
- Bowie, W.R. The Bible Story for Boys and Girls: Old Testament. New York: Abingdon-Cokesbury, 1951.
- Daringer, Helen Fern. Country Cousin. New York: Harcourt, Brace, 1951.
- Daringer, Helen Fern. Debbie of the Green Gate. New York: Harcourt, Brace, 1950.
- Daringer, Helen F. The Keepsake Ring. New York: Harcourt, Brace, 1953.
- Deucher, Sibyl. The Young Brahms. New York: Dutton, 1949.
- Eyre, Katherine Wigmore. Another Spring: the story of Lady Jane Grey. New York: Oxford University Press, 1949.
- Eyre, Katherine Wigmore. The Song of a Thrush. New York: Henry Z. Walck, 1952.
- Lau, Josephine Sanger. The Story of Joseph. New York: Abingdon-Cokesbury, 1950.
- Meigs, Elizabeth Bleecker. The Crusade and the Cup. New York: Dutton, 1952.
- Trachsel, Myrtle J. Elizabeth of the Mayflower. New York: Macmillan , 1950.
- Walt Disney's Bear Country. Racine: Whitman, 1954.
Books written and illustrated by Edward and Stephani Godwin:
- The Greenwood Tree: A Portrait of William Shakespeare. New York: Dutton, 1950.
- Roman Eagle. New York: Oxford University Press, 1951.
- Out of the Strong. New York: Oxford University Press, 1955.
- The Kerlan Collection of Children's Literature at the University of Minnesota Libraries holds the manuscripts of two further novels, Brutus (accepted by O.U.P. but never published) and Dion, as well as copies of publications by other authors.
- A Child's Book of Butterflies. New York: Maxton, 1956. (Edward Godwin's last published work, the text written by his second wife, Elizabeth Bridges)
- Guide to the Edward Scott-Snell papers
- Sharlene Disla and Lora Davis from information compiled by Joscelyn Godwin
- November 5, 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections and University Archives, Colgate University Libraries Repository
13 Oak Drive
Case Library and Geyer Center for Information Technology
Hamilton New York 13346 United States US