Charles Evans Hughes letters, A1036
Access to Collection
Collection is open for research.
Charles Evan Hughes attended Madison University, Colgate University's predecessor institution, from 1876-1878. He went on to earn his BA from Brown University in 1881 and later earned law degrees from Brown and Columbia Universities. He is best known for serving as Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court.
Elmer William Smith, ed., Colgate University General Catalogue, vol. 2, (Hamilton, NY: Colgate University, 1939), 66.
0.3 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
- Correspondence. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Madison University (Hamilton, N.Y.)
- Universities and colleges -- History -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Charles Evans Hughes letters
- Lora J. Davis
- October 5, 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections and University Archives, Colgate University Libraries Repository
13 Oak Drive
Case Library and Geyer Center for Information Technology
Hamilton New York 13346 United States US