Colgate University Dean of the College records, A1004
Scope and Contents
- 1929 - 2004
Conditions Governing Access
Today the Office of the Dean of the College is responsible for "creating enriching and safe campus environments and developing opportunities for students to learn and lead beyond a formal classroom setting." Its responsibilities include addressing incidents of bias, harassment, and sexual misconduct on campus; administrative advising; upholding the academic honor code; and awarding academic honors and distinctions.
Dean of the College website, Colgate University, accessed November 20, 2014, http://www.colgate.edu/offices-and-services/deanofthecollege. Howard Williams, A History of Colgate, 1819-1869 (New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1969), 289, http://cu-cel.org/cuhist/.
14.4 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
In general, the original order of the material, in which files were roughly organized by subject and year, has been maintained. Material in this collection is arranged in six (6) series.
- Correspondence. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Greek letter societies. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reports. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Universities and colleges -- United States -- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Colgate University Dean of the College records
- Sara Klik and Allyson Smally
- January 21, 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note