The Colgate Banter, A1085
Access to Collection
Collection is open for research.
The Banter was a humor magazine produced at Colgate University. It featured syndicated content as well as original material created by Colgate students, including cartoons, drawings, essays, photographs, satire, and jokes. During World War II, The Banter took on a more serious tone and served as Colgate's student yearbook, as the official yearbook, the Salmagundi, was not produced.
2.35 Cubic Feet
- College wit and humor. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Periodicals. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Student publications. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Education and the war. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Colgate Banter
- Kathleen Trychta, Sara Darcy Klik, and Lora J. Davis
- April 11, 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description