Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 85
The Fortnight of Active Arts was a student run festival held March 2-16, 1968. It brought a wide range of avant garde artists to campus and included music, dance, theater, painting, sculpture and writing. This collection contains magazines and clippings from the festival as well as material documenting its establishment and production.
This is an artificial collection containing documents created by seven of the thirteen founders of Hamilton Literary and Theological Institution (later Colgate University). It includes correspondence, deeds, Robert Powell's autobiography, and Elisha Payne's will. Also included is a letter from Orrin B. Judd, an 1841 graduate of the institution.
Includes photographs, printed ephemera, correspondence, manuscripts, and legal documents, related to the history of Hamilton, New York, collected and compiled by the Colgate University Libraries.
Original folder numbering has been retained throughout the collection even in cases where misnumbering occurred at the time of original processing or materials were discovered to be missing during later inventories. As a result, missing folder numbers may be encountered.
This collection includes correspondence to and from Byron Hanke during his freshman year at Colgate; class of 1933 reunion materials; photographs, mostly from Emil Hanke's time at Colgate; and a small amount of miscellaneous Colgate material. Of particular interest are photographs depicting Colgate's "salt rush" and a humorous map created by a Colgate student.
The Office of Institutional Advancement records contain files on individual donors, regional groups, and general fund raising campaigns at Colgate University, along with annual development reports.
Letters, one holograph poem manuscript, and other items relating to the Eaton writer Emily Chubbuck Judson who died in Hamilton in 1854.
This collection contains records from the Konosioni Senior Honor Society and its predecessor organizations, the Skull and Scroll Society and Gorgon's Head.
Includes correspondence and business records of a family of New York City investors and businessmen. The papers relate to investments in New York State lands (including some in western New York), the Hudson River Railroad, and the Erie Canal.
The Literary letters collection includes letters from numerous literary figures, particularly Samuel Taylor Coleridge (4), T. S. Eliot (8), Henry James (7), Arthur Morrison (24), Anne Sexton (6), LB. Singer (11), Oscar Wilde (2), William Wordsworth (2), and William Butler Yeats (18).
Contains letters from students at Madison University and it predecessor institution, Hamilton Literary and Theological Institution.
This collection provides a look into Professor McGregory’s life before Colgate including letters from his wife, Emma, his mother, friends, and family.
The Peter E. McGuire and Joseph L. Kelly papers contain diaries and letters written by Peter McGuire and his brother-in-law Joseph Kelly. The letters are addressed to family members and date from during and after the Civil War. Also included are official military papers, a photograph of Joseph Kelly, a veteran's reunion booklet, and Kelly's obituary.
Includes 30 letters from the poet William Meredith to Everett and Josephine Case, as well as poetry in typescript and holograph.
Includes news clippings, obituaries, genealogical research material, addresses, and correspondence related to scholar, pastor, and Colgate University's sixth president (1899-1908) George Edmands Merrill.
Details concerning the migrant workers that came to Hamilton to pick vegetables during the summer, particularly regarding the education of their children. Includes maps and details of the individual camps.
Includes letters and manuscripts by the English writer and journalist Arthur Morrison.
- Subject: Correspondence. X
- Minutes (administrative records) 23
- Photographs. 18
- Reports. 18
- Financial records. 15
- Manuscripts (document genre) 8
- Memorandums. 8
- Clippings (information artifacts) 6
- Legal instruments. 6
- Professors (teacher) 6
- Syllabi. 6
- Annual reports. 5
- Authors. 5
- College students -- Societies, etc. 5
- Hamilton (N.Y.) -- History. 5
- Diaries. 4
- Programs (documents). 4
- Universities and colleges -- History -- 20th century. 4
- Agriculture -- New York (State) -- History. 3
- College students -- Social life and customs. 3 + ∧ less
- Madison University (Hamilton, N.Y.) 3
- Casey, Brian W. 1
- Colgate University--Planning 1
- Colgate University. Burschen Club 1
- Colgate University. Commission on Off-Campus Relations 1
- Colgate University. Committee on Coeducation 1
- Colgate University. Committee on Honorary Degrees and Civic Affairs 1
- Colgate University. Committee on Residence 1
- Colgate University. Committee on Upper Class Studies 1
- Colgate University. Committee on the College and World Affairs 1
- Colgate University. Committee on the International Education Act 1
- Colgate University. Community Education Program 1
- Colgate University. Computer Committee 1
- Colgate University. Coordinator of Veterans' Affairs 1
- Colgate University. Dean's Advisory Council 1
- Colgate University. Faculty - Trustee Committee on Academic Affairs 1
- Colgate University. January Program Committee 1
- Colgate University. Vice President for Administrative Services 1
- Colgate, Susan Colby 1
- Colgate, William, 1783-1857 1 + ∧ less