Showing Collections: 61 - 72 of 72
Consists of 58 photographs taken by Andrew J. Russell during the American Civil War, primarily in the vicinity of Alexandria, Virginia.
The Salmagundi records consist of photographs, negatives, contact sheets, and a small amount of production material from Colgate University's student yearbook office. The majority are from the 1990s. Many of the images are candid shots of students socializing or attending campus events, including graduation and spring party weekend. Also included are group shots of faculty, student organizations, and athletic teams as well as action shots from athletic events.
This journal contains field notes, lecture notes, and an essay written by student George G. Saunders while he was a student at Colgate University. Much of it specifically addresses the Colgate campus, Hamilton, and the surrounding area. Included in the journal are sketches, photographs, a colored map of the local area, and an essay on "The Pleistocene geology of the Chenango Valley."
One photograph album containing carte de visite photographs (many signed) of members of the Madison University faculty and class of 1873.
This collection consists of ten nineteenth century photographs of Colgate University's campus. Most are stamped "A.H. Wheeler, Photographer, Landscape and Viewing" on the back. Descriptions of the images were mostly taken from notes on the back of photographs that appear to have been made by Colgate University Archivist Howard Williams several decades after the images were taken.
This collection, which appears to have been assembled by former University Archivist Howard Williams, contains photographs, clippings, and a letter. All address women who taught at or attended Colgate University before it officially became coeducational in 1970.
This is a collection of newspaper articles, photographs, service statistics, equipment records, and press releases related to the experiences of Colgate alumni and the Colgate campus during World War I. Many of the photographs are from E.H. Stone, a prominent local photographer in Hamilton, New York during this time.
- Subject: Photographs. X
- Photographs. 70
- Correspondence. 18
- Programs (documents). 11
- College students -- Societies, etc. 8
- Clippings (information artifacts) 7
- College students -- Social life and customs. 7
- Minutes (administrative records) 7
- Financial records. 6
- Annual reports. 5
- College campuses 5
- Memorandums. 5
- Syllabi. 5
- Hamilton (N.Y.) -- History. 4
- Brochures. 3
- Manuscripts (document genre) 3
- Maps (documents) 3
- Negatives (photographic) 3
- Research notes. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Education and the war. 3
- Aeronautics, Military -- Study and teaching -- United States 2 + ∧ less
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Madison University (Hamilton, N.Y.) 2
- American Veterans Committee. Colgate University chapter 1
- Broussard, Dick 1
- Chess Club (Colgate University) 1
- Colgate University. Civic Awards Committee 1
- Colgate University. Dean's Advisory Council 1
- Colgate University. Department of Art and Art History 1
- Colgate, Susan Colby 1
- Colgate, William, 1783-1857 1
- Debate Team (Colgate University) 1
- Gilbert, Matthew 1
- Grimshaw, Susan Milmore 1
- Hamilton Literary and Theological Institution 1
- Hanke, Byron R. 1
- Hanke, Emil 1
- Harter, Henry A. 1
- Hill, Henry H., 1863-1918 1
- Kerr, Andy (Andrew), 1878-1969 1
- Lucas, Louise 1
- Madison University (Hamilton, N.Y.)--Faculty 1 + ∧ less