Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 84
Scope and Contents This is a collection of records from Colgate's Adelphian Society dating back to 1840. It contains meeting minutes and schedules, financial records including donations and purchases for the society Library, as well as the society's Constitution and correspondence.
Colgate University chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) records, A1146
Dates: 1954 - 2000
Scope and Contents The records of the Baptist Education Society of the State of New York (BESSNY) contain correspondence, financial records, and administrative documents. The majority of the correspondence consists of letters to H.S. Loyd, BESSNY's secretary for many years. Also included are a small amount of letters written by Loyd as well as letters to and from previous BESSNY secretaries Zenas Freeman, P.B. Spear, and Nathaniel Kendrick. The financial records include account books and Treasurer's...
Dates: 1846 - 2018
Scope and Contents note Contains the personal and professional papers of geologist, teacher, and clergyman Albert Perry Brigham. The collection includes, among other items, correspondence, class notes, fieldbooks, site photographs, and manuscripts and offprints of Brigham's published and unpublished works.
Dates: 1871 - 1934
Dates: 1834 - 2010
Dates: 1932 - 1933
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence regarding Josephine Young Case's leadership positions with Skidmore College, Bryn Mawr College, Colgate University, and other organizations; a small number of manuscripts; texts of speeches; clippings of articles where she was mentioned; a few photographs; travel itineraries; and personal correspondence. The final series contains correspsondence from her husband, Everett Needham Case, mostly related to his efforts to have her writing republished in the...
Dates: 1929 - 1991
Dates: 1928 - 1994
Dates: 1965 - 1967
Scope and Contents The Colgate family papers contain documents by and about the Colgate family created between 1808 and 1974. It includes copies of documents that date from as early as the 1600s. The largest series, Correspondence, consists mostly of letters sent between members of the Colgate family in the nineteenth century. A large portion is correspondence between James B. Colgate and Susan Colby Colgate, also referred to as Mrs. James B. Colgate. There are also a number of letters to William...
Dates: 1803 - 1984
Dates: 1955 - 1969
Dates: 1943 - 1950
Dates: 1967 - 1969
Content Description 8 letters (with envelopes) and 1 postcard sent from naval aviation cadet James W. Davis, Jr. to his parents Mr. and Mrs. James Davis of Utica, New York, from March to July of 1943.
Dates: 1943 March-1943 July
Scope and Contents The Dean of the College records consist mostly of administrative documents related to student life outside of academics at Colgate University. They cover topics such as student government, discipline, admissions, advising, residential life, Greek life, campus activism, and extracurricular activities.
Dates: 1929 - 2004
Dates: 1970 - 2014
Scope and Contents This collection consists of mostly programs, tickets, pamphlets, and other ephemera from Homer L. Dodge's time as a student at Colgate University. Also included are photographs and correspondence from his student years, reunion material, alumni newsletters, and a small amount of material relating to Ebenezer Dodge. One folder contains clippings and photographs documenting Homer L. Dodge's personal and professional life after Colgate.
Scope and Contents The George W. Eaton papers consist mostly of correspondence, including letters written by and addressed to Eaton. Approximately half are letters written by George Eaton to his wife Eliza and other members of the Eaton family, which range in date from the 1830s to the early 1870s. The remaining correspondence dates mostly from Eaton's time at Madison University prior to becoming president in 1856 and includes correspondence with other faculty and administrators at Madison University, such as...
Dates: 1920 - 1970
Scope and Contents A gift of the estate of Gertrude E. Edgarton, these materials document nearly 150 years of farming and business in Central New York, especially Deansboro and Bouckville. Topics covered include farming, merchandising, militias, Hopkins Choice Mower Company, District School #10, and the history of Bouckville and the Edgarton family.
Dates: 1937 - 2002
Dates: 1932 - 1970
Dates: 1954 - 1956
Scope and Contents Includes primarily diplomatic correspondence from Moscow, Madrid and Berlin during the late 1930's, as well as materials concerning his internment in Germany during World War II.
Dates: 1916-1979; Majority of material found within 1934-1946
Dates: 1798 - 1897
Dates: 1962 - 1965
- Subject: Correspondence X
- Minutes (administrative records) 23
- Photographs. 18
- Reports. 18
- Financial records. 15
- Manuscripts (document genre) 8
- Memorandums. 8
- Clippings (information artifacts) 6
- Legal instruments. 6
- Professors (teacher) 6
- Syllabi. 6
- Annual reports. 5
- Authors. 5
- College students -- Societies, etc. 5
- Hamilton (N.Y.) -- History. 5
- Diaries. 4
- Programs (documents). 4
- Universities and colleges -- History -- 20th century. 4
- Agriculture -- New York (State) -- History. 3
- College students -- Social life and customs. 3 ∧ less
- Madison University (Hamilton, N.Y.) 3
- Casey, Brian W. 1
- Colgate University--Planning 1
- Colgate University. Burschen Club 1
- Colgate University. Commission on Off-Campus Relations 1
- Colgate University. Committee on Coeducation 1
- Colgate University. Committee on Honorary Degrees and Civic Affairs 1
- Colgate University. Committee on Residence 1
- Colgate University. Committee on Upper Class Studies 1
- Colgate University. Committee on the College and World Affairs 1
- Colgate University. Committee on the International Education Act 1
- Colgate University. Community Education Program 1
- Colgate University. Computer Committee 1
- Colgate University. Coordinator of Veterans' Affairs 1
- Colgate University. Dean's Advisory Council 1
- Colgate University. Faculty - Trustee Committee on Academic Affairs 1
- Colgate University. January Program Committee 1
- Colgate University. Vice President for Administrative Services 1
- Colgate, Susan Colby 1
- Colgate, William, 1783-1857 1 ∧ less