Showing Collections: 391 - 414 of 414
The collection contains labels from many countries in addition to Japan, including Russia, Sweden, Estonia, Belgium, England, and the United States, among others. But the Japanese section is both the largest and most visually interesting and may have been Prentice von Wettberg's personal favorite, since he appears to have given it more care and arrangement.
One photograph album containing carte de visite photographs (many signed) of members of the Madison University faculty and class of 1873.
This collection consists of ten nineteenth century photographs of Colgate University's campus. Most are stamped "A.H. Wheeler, Photographer, Landscape and Viewing" on the back. Descriptions of the images were mostly taken from notes on the back of photographs that appear to have been made by Colgate University Archivist Howard Williams several decades after the images were taken.
Seth Whitman's diary contains brief descriptions of Whitman's travels and what appears to be the text of an address to a Baptist convention. The commonplace books contain notes, poems, images, and excerpts from other works. Seth's also contains notes on Hebrew.
This collection includes articles, books, and materials relating to his radio show and cartoon strip, “Millions of Years Ago!” which Whitnall shared with the Colgate community, in addition to his personal correspondence. Manuscripts relating to his geological studies and a memory book from Mu Chapter of Delta Kappa Epsilon are included as well.
This collection, which appears to have been assembled by former University Archivist Howard Williams, contains photographs, clippings, and a letter. All address women who taught at or attended Colgate University before it officially became coeducational in 1970.
This is a collection of newspaper articles, photographs, service statistics, equipment records, and press releases related to the experiences of Colgate alumni and the Colgate campus during World War I. Many of the photographs are from E.H. Stone, a prominent local photographer in Hamilton, New York during this time.
- Correspondence. 85
- Photographs. 70
- Minutes (administrative records) 55
- Student publications. 48
- College students -- Societies, etc. 43
- Reports. 41
- Journals (periodicals) 34
- Financial records. 23
- Programs (documents). 23
- College students -- Social life and customs. 19
- Annual reports. 18
- Clippings (information artifacts) 16
- Hamilton (N.Y.) -- History. 14
- Memorandums. 13
- Manuscripts (document genre) 12
- Newsletters. 12
- Universities and colleges -- Curricula. 12
- Professors (teacher) 11
- Lectures. 10
- Syllabi. 10 ∧ less
- English 411
- Chinese 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- French 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Madison University (Hamilton, N.Y.) 8
- Hamilton Literary and Theological Institution 7
- Aeonian Society (Colgate University) 2
- Association of Black Collegians (Colgate University) 2
- Colgate University (Alumni Corporation) 2
- Colgate University--Planning 2
- Colgate University. Department of Art and Art History 2
- Colgate University. Department of Mathematics 2
- Stone, E.H. 2
- American Veterans Committee. Colgate University chapter 1
- Association of Colgate Independents 1
- Athenaeum Society (Colgate University) 1
- Baker, Ernest Hamlin, 1889-1975 1
- Beta Delta Beta. Beta chapter (Colgate University) 1
- Broussard, Dick 1
- Buffalo Club of Colgate University 1
- Casey, Brian W. 1
- Chess Club (Colgate University) 1
- Colgate Little Theatre Group 1
- Colgate Sociology Club 1 ∧ less